On Location Hair &Make-Up

For more information visit www.kellifink.com or email us at Info@kellifink.com.

Monday, December 10, 2012

This is How You Do Vintage....



It's true that fashion has been influenced by the feel of the 1950's pin up era. Personally, I adore it. The problem that I have with using that inspiration is that I often feel as though it can end up making a woman look more like she is in a costume rather than having a hint of a vintage feel.

I totally understand it. It was a time of real garter belts and stockings, cocktail length dresses and heels. Fabrics were doused with soft prints and trimmed with lace. An hour glass figure was sexy. Soft, sculpted hair and a bright lip were the fashion. I LOVE everything about a vintage inspired look.... I don't know what else could make a woman feel more feminine and pretty. The trick is understating everything.

Faith Pippin and her fiance Jason hit the nail on the head in their engagement photos. I was so happy to work with Faith. She is Beautiful, smart and simply hysterical. Ladies.... If you are
Considering a vintage look, this is a shining example.




No comments:

Post a Comment